Friday 18 October 2013

CAD embroidery


CAD embroidery


The workshop today, based on CAD embroidery or digital embroidery, was really interesting and made me think about all the extra opportunities that are open to us this year.

The workshop was a little slow and it was more lecture like than us actually being active, but I found it interesting because it was something that we hadn't tried before. When the tutor was explaining it and showing us how to create our designs digitally, to then be programmed onto the CAD embroiderer, it seemed quite a difficult process, however not as difficult as photoshop. I think the key is to play around with the program, generations, to get used to all the settings and flexibility that it offers. 

The CAD embroidery machine is a piece of technology I am going to really look into using as I do enjoy creating hand embroided pieces of work, so taking this one step further and adding the element of technology, perhaps combining the two is an interesting idea I would like to explore. Although I may not get round to using it in this project, because of its high demand after the workshop, itis definitely something I would like to experiment with further to help me develop and experiment in my own textile practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment