Monday 14 October 2013

Repeat Workshop - Tessellations



Repeat Workshop - Tessellations

This workshop was based on the repetition of shapes. A tessellation is a range of shapes that fit together without any gaps or overlaps. I have created a collection of the tessellations created in the workshop, which I am to build upon and integrate into my own work.

I liked the form of creating tessellations as they were so simple to create, but looked really effective. The workshop had a very relaxed atmosphere which promoted our experimentation by not setting any boundaries. It was interesting to think that with very few materials, two A4 sheets of paper annd some pens, you can create some interesting ideas. This has got me thinking about what else I can use to create repeated structures and drawings.


The idea of tessellations is something I would like to incorporate into my own project, either as a background to work onto or incorporating the ideas into my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment