Wednesday 25 February 2015

Wednesday 25th February 2015

Following my ideas yesterday, thinking more in-depth about the practicalities for the exhibition, I have spent the day again working on my exhibition for next Monday.

Yesterday in reflection I said...
I think that my exhibition work is going well, I just need to reconsider how it comes together. I know what I want to do, I just need to think about the practicalities. For example, my intention was to découpage the dinosaur with images of the children working in school, but obviously for child protection issues, that can't happen.
This has got me thinking about what I am doing in more depth.

I really like the rawness of the wire-worked form, but cannot just display a heap of wire. As I cannot decoupage my sculpture with photos like I had planned, which is quite good in a way, because I do not think that uni would have appreciated this, because they want to make sure that I use textile techniques, obviously, in the creation of my work, so not only is easier to work, but also relates more to the learning outcomes. For this reason, I have decided to put my textile techniques to good use, using constructed techniques to add to my sculpture rather than more simple decoupage. This will give me the opportunity to relate my work more closely to the learning outcomes, but also allow the opportunity for me to involve the children. The techniques I aim to use include... pom poms, weaving ,wrapping and tie dying, all used together to create a very fun and colourful exhibition, which shows of what I am about!

No comments:

Post a Comment