Friday 8 May 2015

Friday 8th May 2015

I had a very productive day at Hardwick Primary school today, taking a day out to volunteer at my local primary school as usual, which even saw me complete some uni work/planning, which has made me feel like my work isn't so unmanageable at the moment.

My day was jam packed today!

Before I started at school this morning I was able to start work on another lesson plan, and begin painting a background for completion later in the day. Which I did actually get round to finishing, focusing on the bold shapes and colour variation. 

At school, the children had their SATs exams, so I helped complete a variety of activities to help the teacher catch up on jobs. We sat together a she went through the lesson planning for the children's current a future art lesson contents, focusing of printing and dying. The children will use a variety of technique to work into fabric with brushy dye and fabric paint, and I aim very soon to be writing a project based set of lesson plan/ activities based on this discussion as it DIRECTLY links to textile techniques!! 

Over lunchtime, I took half an hour out to catch up on a bit of blogging and reflection, because I don't think I have been paying as much attention to this as I could have been. This is something which is easily overlooked when you have a busy, hectic schedule. I also sat down to write more detailed plans of action for both days of the weekend, giving myself more specific tasks will keep my mind more focused and I think I will achieve more of what I want to.

After school, I went swimming. However, even though I was exhausted, I still managed to come home and crack on with some uni work, carrying on with my painting and lesson planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment