Monday 11 May 2015

Monday 11th May 2015

Today had been a day full of ups and downs, but now, at the end at last I can safely say, it has been very successful and I have achieved a lot.

The majority of the work I have been completing is just keeping the project ticking along, a bit of painting and drawing. I was earlier in the day a little upset because I felt overwhelmed as I did manage to find the time to get my sewing machine out in order to get some more stitched samples sorted.

This really got me down, but now in reflection, I did achieve much more than that, sitting down and presenting the samples that I have already created. I now think the the presentation is almost as important as the actual creation of the samples. I have decided to display my samples in display folders, just because for me they are a lot neater, so make me feel better about how clear everything is. I have and will continue to also display every sample with a little annotation of what i have, what has worked well and what I aim to do next as a result of this sample. Now that I am well into the stages of sampling, it is much more important for me to display my reflection, instead of keeping it blocked up in my head. Although not all in this blog, as a source of PDP my reflection will be more embedded in my practice.

Unfortunately, I have got work for the majority of the day tomorrow, so I do not know how much I shall get done. I have prepared some fabric, which I aim to dye, but I doubt that I will end up getting out my sewing machine again tomorrow, but after after seeing what I have achieved today, I needn't stress out tomorrow. There is so much work to do which doesn't involve the use of the sewing machine and sitting around stressing, never did anyone any good!

No comments:

Post a Comment