Sunday 12 January 2014

13th January 2014 - Attaching Paper Without Glue.

13th January 2014 - Attaching Paper Without Glue.


Scan of work
This workshop was based around the idea of creating drawings using a variety of papers, attaching them without glue or any other adhesive. We were told to bring in a variety of different papers, thickness, weights, textures to experiment with. From here we were to try to create interesting folds and tears to attach the papers together, but also create interesting ideas which could possibly be taken forward into our drawing in our sketchbooks.

At the beginning of the workshop, our tutor demonstrated and few of the different folds she had discovered in her experimentation of the task. She told us just to experiment with it and have a bit of fun.

scan of work
I really enjoyed this task, because it gave us the opportunity to have a bit of fun without too many restricting boundaries. Although I went into the workshop, not really understanding what we were doing, how it related to my work and if I am honest, what the point of the workshop was! However, after I had begun, I realised that it was quite easy to replicate the structure I wanted to create in my knitting in the paper folding, with the crisp and clean lines. 

I think I will take a lot from this workshop. Similar to the earlier project today, this workshop has made me re-think how I complete my drawings that I need to be more experimental with materials. This workshop has also taught me that attending every workshop is important, as well as grasping onto ever opportunity, such as an exhibition. Even though it might not seem like it directly relates to my work at the time, but I may be able to develop the ideas for use in my own work, or use the skills in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment