Monday 6 January 2014

6th January 2014 - Life Drawing Workshop

6th January 2014 - Life Drawing Workshop



Today, as part of out uni workshops, we had a life drawing class. this was a new drawing experience which I have to admit I did enjoy. Once all the embarrassing laughter had subsided, I feel I learnt a great deal about drawing.

Aside from our very inaccurate and out of proportion drawings of the naked lady in front of us, I discovered a lot about the use of lines when drawing. When we first started, we drew the model in a sketched fashion, in order to try to create an accurate drawing, however we, rather remarkably, all found it much easier when we were asked to draw the model in continuous line. It was a lot more relaxed and seemed to create a much more realistic drawing. Yet another shocker,I found it a great deal easier to draw in a biro pen than in pencil.

This workshop has definitely made me think more about the way I draw, and the different effects I can easily create.

No comments:

Post a Comment