Wednesday 8 January 2014

9th January 2014 - Visual Research, the beginnings


9th January 2014 - Visual Research, The Beginnings 



As i have decided to focus this project on the experimentation of machine knitting, i needed some sources of visual research which i could use as inspiration, so my ideas do not dry up as the project progresses.

I wanted to re-visit machine knitting mainly because of the in resting textures its manipulation creates. For this reason i wanted to look as something similar, that would really fit into the focus of the project. I decided to explore different textures in my drawing with the intention of applying them to the machine knitting, either through print of the way i decide to manipulate the knitted structure.

I think this focus will fit well into this project and will allow me to be a little more experimental in my drawing. In our first year, we were a lot more free with our drawing, filling pages with bright, bold colours. I want to return to this as my focus does not rely on a specific motif, just textures.

My aim now is to go off and do two things. Create some basic rubbings of textures using white paper and crayons and take pictures of textures around me. These will both form the basis of my visual research, which from here i shall experiment more with colour and texture, create a really full sketchbook with interesting textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment