Friday 14 March 2014

BA5 Assessment Feedback Session

Assessment Feedback Session


Today was an opportunity to speak to one of the uni tutors about our feedback in order to formulate a plan to further develop into the next project, BA6, which we begin on Monday.

I have to be honest, this is a day I was dreading because of my dreadful attempt last project. I am my own worst critic, I had let myself down and did not need someone to reiterate that.

My tutor went back over the feedback in a little more detail, explaining that my essay was one of the parts of the project which brought my mark up. She then went on to explain that my sketchbook lacked drawing and a focused sense of experimentation. Lots of good ideas were touched upon, but I then moved on without developing and refining the last. My tutor discussed the idea that the low grade reflects my lack of uni participation, something out of my hands which will continue to affect this project, to which she suggested I take a leave of absence and re-do the second year at uni.

I was shocked at this suggestion, to which I think I just did not connect with the project. I will say it now, I am DEFINITELY NOT re-doing this year!! I honestly do not think I could cope doing yet another year of textiles at uni! From uni I would like a 2.1 and currently my work is at a 2.2. As I have previously mentioned and tried to explain today, I am now going back to what I know with this new project, enhancing the next course of work with everything I have learnt over the last year and a half. That is what I have been missing, I have learnt so so so so much, but my work is just reflecting it! I shall manage my time more efficiently and try to enjoy my time at uni a little more. My overall work will be a lot more focused and my grade WILL improve. I shall use my blog as a PDP more efficiently!

This is the start of something new and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment