Thursday 27 March 2014

Drawing, Abbey Gardens 1

AS previously mentioned, I thought I would take some time out today to do some drawing in situ at the Abbey Gardens, which is known for its amazing, large scale, decorative floral gardens. I thought that this would be a great opportunity for me to get a load of drawings done to really begin to boost my sketchbook work, but I am afraid the whether was against me. SAD FACE!!

IT was wet and miserable, so I did not manage to get as much done as I would have liked. I did managed to get some small sketches done and have named the blog post 1 because I aim to go back on a sunnier day and complete some more drawings.

I must admit that I am still finding drawing quite a difficult task, you have to be quite spontaneous to create a large amount of work in a relatively short amount of time I was there for an hour an only completed four drawings!! this was mainly because i spent ages trying to decide what to draw. I must be more decisive!!! I think that going out specifically to draw is a good idea because it gets me away from all the distractions and makes me focus on having fun with drawing. I must do it more often, so I can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment