Wednesday 19 March 2014

Library Research - 'Inspiration Tricia Guild'

Library Research - 'Inspiration Tricia Guild'



Tricia Guild is a designer who, since 1970 has created fabrics, wallpapers, paint and furnishings which are sold via the Designers Guild, London. As a designer she is widely known for her extraordinary ability to use colour and her ability to evolve with the ever-changing design industry.

This book, 'Inspiration Tricia Guild' obtained from the Norwich library, is a collection, put together by Tricia Guild, of her inspiration and how this influences her as a designer. From architecture to fashion and flower, Tricia Guild's passions are wide and varied, leading to a wide collection of unique work.

Handmade and Natural Herbal #hand made #diy gifts
Image from Pinterest page
The book is full of a wide array of images and artist's work, all which feature as part of the influence into the way Tricia Guild works as a designer. It has shown me that a great deal of vision inspiration is an important part of the way we work, it makes up a huge part of where we are and what we create. I now think that perhaps I fail to document all the sources of my visual research, I see them on a daily basis, but an outsider who cannot see into my head, my work must seem a little disjointed and perhaps even slightly random. Visual research will help to bridge the gaps in my work, to show the thinking which goes on behind my sketchbook work.

I think that as well as using my blog as a form of textual research and written documentation, I need to make more use of my visual research and things which inspire the course of my course of my work. In response to this, the following link, under this paragraph, is to my Pinterest page, I have created a heading labelled 'BA6 - Patterns in Nature'. This will form another vital element of my project progression and my development from the last project.

http://www.pinterest.com/nathanmison9/ba6-patterns-in-nature/        - Pinterest link.




No comments:

Post a Comment