Monday 24 March 2014

Monday workshop

Today we were meant to have a workshop with one of our tutors at uni based on re-exploring the variety of drawing techniques. I was unable to attend the workshop, but I did not want to fall too far behind, I decided to email the tutor to get an insight into what went on during this timetabled session.

Below is the response from my tutor....

The emphasis of the task was to LOOK and SEE using observational drawing on location.
I took the students out into Elm Hill to do observational drawing.
We worked on  a number of strategies for example, 5 minute drawing in one colour using continuous line and then another continuous line drawing using another drawing. Then working in block colour etc.
If you reflect on the drawing strategies you learnt during year 1 and write yourself a short brief based on these you will go some way to completing the work they did.
When you are well come and find me and I will talk you through what I got them to do in the print workshop to help them develop their ideas.


If you take some time to write down what you know and what you are good at in relation to drawing that would be helpful for you so that you start from a confident position.
Don't forget working with:

Continuous line
Colour on colour
Collage
5 minute drawing
Layering
Scale miniature/large

And then mixing styles in each drawing.


Although I am unable to attend this session, or complete the drawing task in the place where everyone at uni had, I aim to complete it at some point in the next couple of weeks, experimenting with materials and drawing technique. I will then, when I return to uni after easter, go and speak to the tutor who ran the workshop in order to get feedback on what I have created, and how I feel the workshop went for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment