Wednesday 26 March 2014

Drawing Trip - Moyses Hall

Moyses hall Museum

Bury St Edmunds Cathedral

Ceiling of Bury St Edmunds Cathedral
Moyses hall is a medieval building with local history and changing collections in the heart of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, housed in a 12th century building with examples of Norman and Tudor architecture. Previously used as a gaol, police station, Bridewell and parcel sorting office, it has been a museum for over 100 years.

Unlike my previous trip to the Norwich Castle Museum, I focused more this time on the drawing of objects with a natural theme. These were just rough sketches, mostly which were followed with photographs too. 

From here, I aim to develop my rough sketches into more established drawings using the photos to help me. These will form a separate section within my sketchbook, based more on visits to places of visual research, which will help inform and develop my work, not as a form of primary research to develop designs from. 





Image of Bury St Edmunds Abbey when it was standing (image from Moyses Hall)

No comments:

Post a Comment