Tuesday 18 March 2014

Tuesday Evening - Drawing Course

Over the last year, I have taken part in a drawing course outside uni at my local college. I had not written about it in my blog before, because I saw it as different course of work which did not relate to my uni work. However, since my feedback from the last project, I have realised the importance of this drawing course has become an important part of my work, and my drawing ability has greatly improved. This is an example of a series of work which I have taken on board off my own back as extra outside uni to develop the way I work. Thinking back, I should have written about this course of work sooner, to display my commitment to my development as an artist and designer.


During this evenings drawing course, we focused on the drawing of birds. I don't know what it is about the course, but every time I attend it I feel so much more confident about my drawing ability, i seem to achieve so much more. Along the course of these weekly teachings, we focus on the use of watercolours and their application in the drawing of different objects.

This week we focused more, on smaller, quicker sketches of birds, drawing quick, basic lines with a pencil and then adding splashes of watercolour to bring the drawing to life. I enjoyed this because it gave me chance to focus on what i wanted too, exploring shape and colour intensity. During this lesson, I think that I definitely learnt the importance of layering up the watercolours to create depth and texture, instead of just a flat coloured image. This is something I hope to bring into my work in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment