Thursday 13 March 2014

BA6 - A look forward!

BA6 - A Look Forward!



As suggested yesterday, I took the evening off yesterday to calm myself after my appalling grade for the last project BA5. This was good, because it gave me time to cool off and looking back at the feedback again today, I do not feel as bad about it.

Yes, the mark of 50% is the worst I have got whilst at uni, so was bound to shock me, but it is still a pass. And if I am honest I knew that the project was the worst I had done in a long while. This is because I was not clear of my focus right from the start. I looked into technique rather than a focused theme, which is not how I usually work and I have to admit did throw me right out the window. I knew I wanted to explore knitting, but I had a distinct lack of visual research. It was suggested to me to explore the technique threw architecture, a theme which I just do not have a passion for. Basically, the project was DOOMED from the beginning.

Although technically this was my worst project in terms of the work created, I have learnt a lot about how I work best. I think all throughout uni I have been trying to please everyone, doing something different every time. I want to take everything back to basics in this next project, making the stages of my project clear, making small changes to make everything clear and well thought, not only to me, but to anyone who may read or look at my project. These look to the presentation, making clear connections to visual research and my drawings and the stages of sketches, drawing, experimentation and design development heading into a final idea/pattern. This will hopefully create a more flowing project which will allow me to fully experiment and develop ideas in the project, moving towards creating more informed responses to the project brief and my own plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment