Wednesday 26 March 2014

Visual Research

Common Yew with fruitAgain to combat one of my criticisms from the last project, I have decided to do some more visual research to include in my sketchbook. I have created this as a series of mood boards, exploring pictures of trees and flowers in a variety of published forms. I decided to gather a set of images to push my research at the beginning of the project, to give me a variety of different areas to look into.

Cedar of LebanonI will use these images to help me in the drawing stages of this project, hoping to gather more images as I continue to use specifically with sets of drawings. From here I aim to begin to gather my own images from primary sources, backing this up with my images from secondary sources (in my mood board pages). I will then create drawing based on all of these images, experimenting with drawing style and materials. 

This first sketchbook is based on the drawing, so the mood boards only display flowers and tree in their natural form. As I begin to narrow my work down, thinking about finalising my ideas in the next sketchbook, I will create further mood board pages on flowers and tree in patterns and design.

Common lime tree

No comments:

Post a Comment