Sunday 13 April 2014

A week out... The Lake District.

This week, I took a week out to go on holiday to the Lake District. Because I decided to spend time with family and refresh myself before heading back to do some more work on sampling next week, I haven't really got anything to publish. I will go back next week, Ready and prepared to get back into some hard graft.

Although I hadn't completed much in the way of work this week, I did find the experience of the Lake District very inspiring in relation to this project based on the creation of natural patterns. The Lake District is known as an area of outstanding natural beauty, so is a wealth of visual imagery.
Displayed on my Pinterest site is a few of the photos from my trip, a variety of sources of inspiration from the Lake District.
In the Lake District there is a wealth of independent shops and businesses, some of which I am going to research, small independent textile businesses which I loved looking around.  

I really enjoyed my trip, there is such a wealth of visual inspiration, it was nice to have a change of scenery and a little time out from my work. The Lake District offered me a very different natural environment, the lakes, the mountains and the sea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment