Thursday 17 April 2014

Genevieve Gauckler

While doing some visual and artist research, I came across an interview with Genevieve Gauckler which displayed some of my work. As an illustrator and designer Genevieve's work uses bold, stylised blocks of colour, taking simplicity to a whole new level. I love this simple use of clean and clear colour, which has made me thing more about my colour scheme.

WBSITE LINK...
http://www.image.ie/People/Loving-Your-Work/Im-Not-An-Artist/#!img=5

With the way that my book seems to be flowing at the moment, I think I will end up deciding on my colour scheme when I have finished my developed drawings and sampling. This is because of the sheer amount of ideas I have, which are enough to fill the sketchbook, I don't want to limit my experimentation by colour at this stage. I want to free to explore it as I am through composition and technique at this stage. Instead I think I will create a series of boards, I don't want to work in a sketchbook forever!! These boards will display a colour scheme exploration and a definite colour scheme. I then aim to further develop my sampling, using a much larger scale, refining them through informed experimentation and my colour scheme. This will begin to draw my work together and show more of the development progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment