Tuesday 15 April 2014

Machine stitch through the distracting sun

Today, i took a much more relaxed approach to my work because the whether was just soooo amazing. I should really stop making excuses and get on with some hard graft really, i mean i have just been on holiday for a week!!

I began to start sampling today, bridging the gap between drawing and moving ahead to a final set of designs. Obviously whilst I am not at uni, I am a little limited to my materials and technique use as dyes etc are not so readily available. This however, has pushed me into new and exciting techniques and ideas such as the sun printing. I now what to continue my development as an artist and re-discover machine stitching. I fell in love with it whilst at sixth from, but forgot about it when I started uni, I think it is something I have really been missing from my work.


As I was enjoying the sun, not much work was completed really, but when i did get around to stitching, because I was using a very dense, heavy stitch to stitch a design, the fabric was pulled a little and has become out of shape. Using my new stitch knowledge, I think I will go back to this again with a sewing hoop, which should prevent this. However, I do not see this as a mistake, it is more a different attribute associated to a style of stitching, which I may decide to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment