Wednesday 2 April 2014

Drawing Development

Today I just spent the day continuing with my drawing in my sketchbook. I am very happy with the progress that I am making, I am now half way through my sketchbook and still have so much more to put in !!!

Whilst completing my drawings to day I decided to use more freer flowing materials, chalk pastels and charcoal, as previously mentioned in an early blog post. I found out that using hairspray fixes them both to the paper, to an extent. This is a great help because it means that the drawings do not smudge against each other ruining my work. HAPPY FACE!!

However, I did have one of those happy accidents today whilst drawing. When you fix the chlak pastels with the hairspray you simply spray them, but I held the can a little too close to the paper. The spray made the paper quite wet, which took ages to dry, and the design started to show on the reverse of the paper. Only certain colours came through, which with a little work allowed me to create exactly the same design on the reverse of the paper in a different colour scheme!!

I shall have to play around with this a little more, I wonder why it makes the paper see through??

No comments:

Post a Comment