Monday 28 April 2014

Beginning of the end??

Individual tutorial 28th April

Today I had an individual tutorial, my first of this project!!
I brought my two sketchbooks in, but was still a little nervous about the amount of work I had created.

My tutor was pleased that I had made a confident start to the project, but that was all I had done. With my work, drawing through to my sampling I had just started scratching the surface. I had lots of ideas and samples which were interesting,but I did not explore anything fully.

Oh dear, this is something I always get told in my feedback, am I making any progress at all??

My tutor agreed that I need to refine refine refine, starting with colour scheme. Following this I need to work hard to create vast range more work, this time working outside sketchbook. This will force me to wok larger, that I must experiment in my refining. How else can I create this? What works well?

Thinking about refining I need to focus on a technique/area. This will be layering, exploring stencils, machine stitch, appliqué and the addition of layers.

Following this tutorial, I am gutted! I really thought that I was making some progress, but it seems that I am still not doing enough. I really do not how I can improve!!! I seem to spend all my time working, just for the tutor to say my work is a little repetitive and meaningless, that I need to explore what I am doing further.

No comments:

Post a Comment