Monday 28 April 2014

Assessment Seminar

This was a chance for us to see what goes into the assessment of our work. If we had ever wondered why we get the marks we do, this workshop was to tell us.

Firstly the tutor went through the assessment criteria for some of the learning objectives that we have completed and the grading matrix that goes with them.

We then used these in A fun way, eat different cakes and grading them to the scales of assessment. His threw up a few ideas as everyone thought differently and marking the cakes differently, the same as in our own work I suppose.

Behind the fun was a serious message, giving us an insight into the marking so we can use it to our own advantages. If knew where we had gone wrong before, looking at the grading matrix would give us that next step to progress.

I definitely need to go through these again and read through them, they must be put to good use!! However, following this workshop I kinda think that the depthness and lack of detail is what is doing me trouble instead of just a lack of work.

Having said that, I know but how do I overcome it? How do I push myself to go into more detail? Am I now doing the wrong thing in this project???

No comments:

Post a Comment