Friday 25 April 2014

Blue Sun Print

I have enjoyed experimenting with the photosensitive dye, but as I have previously said, the red dye that I chose to use did not create a bold, striking print that I thought it would. I tried using different fabrics and experimented with the exposure time,but this did not seem to make much of a difference.

In a last ditch attempt to try to use the dye effectively I brought a blue version of the dye. Although still not amazingly bold, it does work a great deal better than the red . Perhaps this is a technique I can use as part of the layered textured effect I am enjoying to create. As I move into the larger stages of sampling, I hope to create much mor developed ideas through layering and stitching and I think the use of this light printed silk will give a pleasing contrast to  other materials and machine stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment